A lot of people have dreams of having thick and long hair, however, it can be difficult to achieve, especially as you age. This is where hair extensions can save you. At, Vision and Dreams hair salon, our professional stylists who are exceptionally skilled when it comes to applying, maintaining and removing hair extensions will ensure you get to channel your inner Rapunzel.
Our experienced professionals can help you determine which extensions would be best for your hair that are within your budget constraint, because while extensions can help you achieve thick hair, they can also cause damage and loss of hair if they’re installed incorrectly and cause stress to your hair follicles. The three extension options available are:
Glue-Ins: They are bonded extensions as the keratin attachments are bonded to the hair using hot waves. Last for about 3-5 months
Sew-Ins: This involves stripes of hair getting weaved with the hair using a thread. Last for about 6-8 weeks.
Tape-Ins: A double-sided tape is used to attach the wefts to the hair roots. Last for about 6-8 weeks.
A consultation with our stylists will help you determine the extensions that would suit your hair type and ensure that the health and integrity of your natural hair is maintained.
After you get your hair extensions fitted at the Vision and Dreams hair salon, there are certain steps you can take to maintain them:
- Buy a high-quality detangling brush and do not brush over the extension bonds
- Reduce the usage of hot styling tools, such as flat irons and curling wands
- Use sulfate free shampoo and good professional quality products on your hair
- Do a deep conditioning masque or treatment on your hair weekly. Avoid applying it to the bonds
- Avoid swimming pools or sea water (salt water and water with chlorine are going to be your hair’s biggest enemy!)
- Make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep
- Use silk pillowcases to avoid friction between your hair and the case
- Be extremely gentle with your extensions and avoid pulling them