Perms, or permanent waves, involve a chemical treatment that adds curl and volume to your hair. This involves wrapping the hair to a perm rod (the size of the roller or rod used depends on the look you’re trying to achieve) proceeding with a chemical bath that breaks down and rearranges the disulfide bonds of your hair, leaving your hair curled permanently.
A good perm is the result of an experienced hair stylist and at Vision and Dreams hair salon, we ensure that you leave with the results you want!
- You need to wait at least 24 to 72 hours to wash your hair after getting a perm. Consult the stylist at Vision and Dreams hair salon to get an exact waiting period according to your hair’s texture and desired result. If you wash it earlier than the specified time the perm won’t last very long due to not setting properly. Also, make sure the water you use to wash your hair is warm and not too hot because heat can ruin the perm. Do not vigorously rub your hair with a towel instead pat it dry and let the hair air dry
- It’s really necessary to take care of your permed hair to ensure they look healthy and don’t frizz. The professionals at Vision and Dreams hair salon will recommend you the best moisturizing hair products specifically designed for permed hair. Also, use hair masques and deep conditioning treatments to prevent frizz.
- Avoid heat. Hot styling tools, like a straightener or curling wand, can loosen your curls as well as cause damage. If it really can’t be avoided then use an alcohol-free hair protecting spray before styling.
- Getting your hair trimmed regularly is necessary if you want your hair to be in a healthy condition regardless of whether or not you got a perm. Permed hair is susceptible to damage and thus trimming it will help the curls spring up and look healthy.
A perm can help you achieve a full voluminous look. However. It is necessary to keep in mind that curls can cause your hair’s length to look about 30% shorter.
- A perm can help you achieve a full voluminous look. However. It is necessary to keep in mind that curls can cause your hair’s length to look about 30% shorter.
Perms can last for as long as six months if done properly and taken care of, and at Vision and Dreams hair salon our experienced professionals are going to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.